Sunday, February 08, 2009

 

Snow!

At present in the UK we seem to have nothing in the news but SNOW [unless you prefer the seemingly endless financial gloom]... but DO take extra care of your dogs in this weather.

A few dos and don'ts...

Do keep moving
Don't stand about and let them get cold
Do check their paws carefully when you return from your walks - they could have cut them on jagged frozen snow
Don't take them out in too deep snow if they are small and likely to be troubled by snowballs in their fur
Most importantly... Don't let them play on frozen water anywhere
   

Comments:
I live in Wisconsin and we get plenty of snow. My Golden retriever knows he can come in when he wants to by standing up by the door window. Unless it is pretty cold or really bad weather, he is happy to stay outside most all the days and sleep inside at night. If he goes running with me, I make him come in to thaw out the ice in his paws. One of the greatest things I discovered this year was a plug in water dish. No matter how cold it is, the water remains liquid in it and thus he gets a drink! I have fought frozen water dishes for too many other years. - Nate
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Add to Onlywire
XML
Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to My AOL
Subscribe in Rojo
Simpify!
Add to Technorati Favorites!
Get RSS ButtonsSubscribe in a reader





Blog Directory